Create a FREE volunteer account with StudyScavenger.com to be notified when the clinical studies become available. There is never any cost for our email and texting services. Your normal msg&data rates may apply.
The text and email registration process is done over a secure, encrypted connection to ensure total confidentiality. We value your privacy, your email address, mobile number and personal identifiable information is NEVER shared.
Summary of Notice of Privacy Practices and Policies
This summary of privacy practices and policies describes how personal identifiable information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Study Scavenger, Inc.’s Legal Responsibility
Study Scavenger, Inc., is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected personal identifiable and health information, to provide potential research subjects with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected personally identifiable and health information, and to abide by the terms of this information practices that are described in this Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”). Study Scavenger will post this notice in a clear and prominent location on www.studyscavenger.com for you to read.
Your Health Information Rights
Although your personal identifiable information and health record is the physical and electronic property of Study Scavenger, Inc., the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
1. request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your health information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522;
2. request and keep a copy of this notice of privacy practices upon your request, and inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR 164.524;
3. amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528;
4. obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528;
5. request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations;
6. revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
Study Scavenger, Inc.’s Responsibilities and Our Pledge to You
Study Scavenger, Inc. is required by law to:
1. maintain the privacy of your health information;
2. provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you;
3. abide by the terms of this notice;
4. notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction;
5. accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or alternative locations.
We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you have questions, complains, or would like additional information, you may contact Study Scavenger, Inc.’s Compliance Office at 9 Schoolhouse Way Dix Hills, NY 11746. All complaints must be submitted in writing. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated you can file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint.
How We Will Use and Disclose Health Information About You
• We will use your health information to find clinical trials that you may be eligible for.
• We will use your health information to make necessary email and or text notifications.
• We may use your health information with Business Associates under other certain circumstances.
• We may use your health information in working with law enforcement agencies under certain circumstances.
• We may use your health information in connection with lawsuits and disputes under certain circumstances.
• We may use your health information in relation to certain national security and intelligence activities under certain circumstances.
You Have the Following Rights Regarding Health Information We Maintain About You:
• right to inspect and copy;
• right to amend;
• right to an accounting of disclosures;
• right to request restrictions;
• right to request confidential communication;
• right to a paper copy of this notice.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change this notice at any time. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for health information we already have about you as well as any information we receive in the future. We will post this notice on our website in a prominent location where it must be viewed by new patients/users and is accessible to anyone visiting the site. The notice will contain on the first page, directly under the title, the “Effective Date.” In addition, each time you access the site or your personal data we will make available to you a copy of the current notice in effect.
Should we revise this notice because of a material change to the uses or disclosures of protected health information, to individual’s rights, to our legal duties, or to other privacy practices stated in the notice, we will promptly revise and make available the new notice. Except when required by law, a material change in any term of the notice may not be implemented prior to the Effective Date of the notice in which such material change is reflected. Pursuant to the HIPAA privacy regulations, we will document compliance with the notice requirements by retaining copies of all notices issued.
Other Uses of Health Information
Other uses and disclosures of health information not covered by this notice of the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written authorization. You may request in writing that we not use or disclose your information for treatment, payment and administrative purposes except when specifically authorized by you, when required by law, or in emergency circumstances. We will consider your request but are not legally required to accept it. If you provide us authorization to use or disclose health information about you, you may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose health information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your authorization, and that we are required to retain our records of the care we provided to you.